Join our Mental Health First Aid training led by an experienced instructor with a record of excellent learner feedback. This 2-day course will equip you with the skills to identify signs of poor mental health and provide confident support. At the end of this course, learners will become certified MHFAider, access a community of support and enjoy resources for ongoing learning and 24/7 support through the MHFAider Support App for 3 years. Group discounts are available.
This course is for those who would like to become an MHFAider® whether in the workplace or as individuals, to gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health and be confident to start a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support.
In addition to the course, you will become part of the largest MHFAider® community in England, gaining access to resources, ongoing learning and 24/7 digital support through the MHFAider Support App® to give you the tools and knowledge you need to carry out the role effectively and confidently whether that be in your workplace a volunteer role or in the community.
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider® role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England.
- The online 2-day course is structured across four flexible sessions covering 14 hours of content in total.
- Each session is a maximum of 3hrs 45mins.
- Learning takes place through a mix of instructor-led training group discussions individual and group activities.
- Each session builds on the previous one enabling the learner to gain confidence in supporting others using the MHFA action plan.
- Numbers are limited to 16 per course so learners can be kept safe and supported whilst they learn.
- Learning content will be as accessible and inclusive as possible (don’t hesitate to contact us if additional support is required).
Everyone who completes this course gets the following:
- A hard copy workbook to support their learning throughout the course
- A digital manual to refer to whenever they need it after completing the course
- A wallet-sized reference card with the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A digital MHFAider® certificate
- Access to the MHFAider Support App® for three years
- Access to ongoing learning opportunities, resources, and exclusive events
- The opportunity to be part of the largest MHFAider® community in England
New course and benefits
The workplace has changed for people and organisations. In the last few years, we’ve seen a global pandemic, economic downturns cost of living pressures, adaptation to hybrid working, the great resignation and a recruitment crisis. It has taken a toll on employees and now – more than ever – they need mental health support in the workplace.
Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAiders®) are crucial to help boost employee wellbeing as we adjust to a profoundly changed workplace environment. But while MHFAiders® work to support others, they need support too.
At MHFA England providing support building confidence and growing a community to drive change is crucial to us. It isn’t a footnote or a half-hearted line in the small print. We’ve spent 15 years generating conversation around workplace mental health and we understand that being an effective MHFAider® requires learning and support beyond training.
That’s why we offer ongoing support to help MHFAiders® feel confident and empowered – long after they’ve completed their training course.
Additionally, MHFAiders® receive access to exclusive events to continue developing their support for your workplace beyond the training course.
- The MHFAider Support App® provides training resources and ongoing learning opportunities so that MHFAiders® can improve their support skills on the job.
- MHFAiders® can help organise their roles with reminders and secure conversation journaling to reflect on their work safely.
- The MHFAider Support App® works to support the MHFAiders’®’ own mental health – the resources within can teach critical self-care skills with the emotion tracker function, allowing them to chart their own wellbeing.
- The app provides 24/7 text support for when MHFAiders® are feeling overwhelmed or need guidance for certain situations.
- MHFAiders® have access to regular online events that provide further learning and support, allowing them to continue to perform their role confidently and effectively long after receiving their initial training.
- Follow-up: For 30 days after the training, each learner will have access to an online chat to ask Mike any specific questions on any current issues they may have.
- Who is Mental Health First Aid Training For? Business owners, HR managers, stakeholders and anyone responsible for people management.